10 Secrets Of Successful MompreneursPosted by Office Guardians / July 25th, 2016 / No responses
How does she do it? When you look at a successful mompreneur running her business like a pro stopping only to wipe her toddler’s nose, it makes you wonder, where does she get the energy? Being a mom is demanding and running a business is challenging, but what does it take to do both well? Here are some carefully guarded secrets that every successful mompreneur keeps close to her heart
1. Recognize that you can’t do everything yourself. Check your superhero cape at the door. You aren’t doing yourself, or your business, any favours by attempting to “go it alone.”
2. Be positive. Surround yourself with people who build you up. Read biographies of successful entrepreneurs and post motivational quotes around your home and office.
3. Become an expert at whatever you do. It’s worth putting the time into this because it’ll make you (and your business) stand out.
4. Know what is unique about your business. Why should your customers choose you? If you aren’t communicating what makes you special to potential customers, they’ll choose someone else.
5. Live the life you want. Remember why you started on this journey in the first place; you wanted to do something amazing and you wanted to do it on your own terms. Make sure that it is actually allowing you to live the life you dreamed of.
6. Be generous. Be kind to your staff and your community and it will benefit your business. If you treat your staff and customers like they are family, that’s how they will act.
7. Be clear about your goals. Make a detailed plan that outlines both your family and business goals and how you will achieve them.
8. Focus on your customers’ needs. If you don’t keep your customers happy, you will lose your business.
9. Don’t be afraid to walk away. If something isn’t working for you, then walk away. There are other opportunities out there, but you need to make space on your plate first.
10. Work with integrity. Never compromise your integrity; your reputation is everything.
The hard truth is that being a mompreneur is never going to be easy, but that doesn’t mean that you won’t experience success beyond your wildest dreams. In the words of Bertie Forbes, “History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.”
We help businesses face challenges and opportunities tied to rapid growth, organizational or budget constraints, limited skills, or resource gaps by providing flexible outsourced solutions. We work with solopreneurs, entrepreneurs and various small businesses. Our goal is simple: with our help, you get more time to do what matters most: business development and building your brand. Let Office Guardians be your partner in success by reducing the amount of non-core business activities you engage in.